Monday, September 6, 2010

Our trip to Germany

In June, the kids and I went on a two week trip to Germany to visit Oma and Opa. Our flights to Germany and and back were super long, but the kids were such troopers.  I was so proud of them.
 It took us about a 4 days just to get used to the 9 hour time change, with a couple middle of the night episodes but after that we were all good to go. What were some of the things we did there? 
We made daisy chains, 

 enjoyed the sunshine, 
 rode on scooters (that used to be mine when I was his age),
swam at the swimming pool, 
picked wild flowers out of Oma's garden, 
and ate some yummy Germany food (if you are interested in seeing more Germany food and recipes, check out this link on my food blog German Food
 We also saw lot's of friends including my friends Ramona, Melanie and Jennifer from my old german swim team KSK,
 brother in law Daniel,
and Julian (he's my friend Melanie's boy who is only a couple weeks younger than Hannah).
We went to a Dinosaur Park in Kaiserslautern, 
Rosegarden in Schmittshausen, 
and Saarbrucken Zoo.


The day we got there, Germany was experiencing a heat wave, so this is how the kids stayed cool while we were there. My mom brought out an "outdoor" shower that you stick in the ground, and attache a hose to it. Came in very useful!
 And of course, last but not least, we had a great time visiting with Oma and Opa. Thanks so much for a great time!




No comments: