Monday, June 29, 2009

Calling all Kindred Spirits

My friend Rheina and I thought it would be fun to throw a Anne of Green Gables tea party, so we hosted one at my house last weekend and had a great time. Above is all the yummy food that "Anne" would have served at one of her tea parties and that are mentioned in the books. We each brought/made something. We had caramel pie, shortbread, plum puffs, chicken salad sandwiches, cucumber cream cheese sandwiches and strawberries and whipped cream. It was perfectly scrumptious! :)

Rheina and Kathy looking lovely in their elegant pearls. The book that Rheina is holding, "The Anne of Green Gables Treasury" gave us the recipes for all the food we served.
Jan Holton and Kristina. Notice the red rose in my hat. That's the only thing I could come up with that was semi-Green Gableish.
Kristina and Jane (or Aunt Jane as Hannah likes to call her). I loved the country dress and straw hat interwoven with ribbon that Jane wore. Very Anne-ish. :) I had a great time ladies! Thanks so much. I can't wait for our next tea party in November at Kathy's house.

No comments: