Tuesday, June 30, 2009

God's Little Princess Devotional Bible by Sheila Walsh


God's Little Princess Devotional Bible by Sheila Walsh was a very cute book. It contains 337 pages of short devotionals. The stories range anywhere from "Why Worry?" to "Love from Above." With all the hype of princess stories like "Cinderella" that have a very unrealistic take on life a , this book puts being a "princess" into a different perspective. It talks about being the "daughter of a King," having God as our hero and what that means. It says the age range is 4-7 but I think 4 might be a little young for this book. My favorite feature of the book is the role playing and dress up ideas it gives. My daughter is a little young still for this section, but I can't wait to put on biblical "plays" with her. There did not seem to be enough illustrations in the book. I kept wanting to see more pictures to go with the stories, but that could also be because I have a 3 year old who mostly looks at the pictures and is just learning how to read. Overall this was an excellent book that I would recommend for a early school age girl.

1 comment:

Laura Gruner said...

THe boy counterpart is also wonderful. I gave it to a friend's 4 year old... I think it's titled Good Night Knight. A big hit! I'm a huge fan of both :)